Sunday, August 24, 2008

End of Summer Highlights

Here are some of our end of summer highlights. I can hardly believe that school is starting and the season is getting ready to change. I love fall-but sometimes have a hard time with change. We've had a really good summer. This last weekend I really wanted to soak up a lot of time with the kids. So on Saturday Wayne took some time for just us. We drove to Coralville and went swimming at a water park. This one was really cool because it had a fun place for Whitney to run around. But it also had some really awesome slides. I wish that I had pictures to share. But this one slide we ended up nicknaming the "toilet bowl". It was this long closed slide that shot you out in the funnel where you went around and around and then you just fell out the bottom into a pool. Audrey was scared at first, but it only took her going down once and then she loved it! While there we were also able to find a Sonic. And just so Evelyn knows, I love the "Cranilla Craze" at Sonic (even though they don't call it that) I got one after she told me what it was. They are so good, I've even gotten so good I make them at home, because Dubuque is Sonic-less Just Sprite, Cranberry juice, and Vanilla Syrup, (I found mine in the coffee isle at Hyvee and I believe you might find some at Starbucks) My new favorite summer drink and I think Audrey likes it to, along with Orange Slushies

Then today I found that I still had some items on my summer to do list with the kids and that was to take them all out to play tennis. Audrey had gotten a racket for Christmas and it never got used all summer. So we found a court and they all got to hit with Mom chasing down tennis balls till their hearts content. Olivia and Whitney burned out early, but Audrey would have stayed longer had everyone wanted too. Lots of fun! Well enjoy some of the pictures below.

Whitney and Terry on "Latte". Terry was in a horseshow and the girls and I came along to watch.
Audrey's Soccer team, what else-The purple people eaters!
Audrey and Latte, she was scared at first, but eventually got the hang of being up there.
Olivia and Latte, she really thought she could ride and wanted them to give her the reigns so she could take off. She's not afraid of anything!
That's my dear hubby being one of the boys. Wayne had the honor of going with the YM on their "High Adventure" and paintball was high on the activities list for the weekend! Yep, I had to get up there too! I use to really love horses, I guess I still do!
Some of the soldiers who put themselves in harms way everyday, no wait those are the boys that all went to play paintball. What a great group of guys, don't they look good!
Olivia's soccer team! The purple Cheeta's (Olivia's name for them)
Lots of love for Uncle Andy. Andy now resides in Minnesota! I wonder if he will talk like (menen-SOTA)

A couple of sillys in pajamas!

4 comments:

becky ward said...

man, audrey looks so grown-up. it blows my mind! and that is a beautiful horse. sounds like you made the most of your last days of summer! hope your fall is just as good.

Shawna said...

Your girls are beautiful! I hope they have a fun school year. By the way, Mamma Mia is being released again this Friday in a Sing-A-Long version! That would be so cool to see. Hope you like the movie.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great picts, Allie! Your girls are so sweet! I miss you!

Evelyn said...

Hooray for Cranilla Crazes!! I'm glad you got to try one...wow, and make your own!! I may have to do that myself! I love the picture of all the kids with Andy! You can tell he loves the attention.
Glad the girls enjoyed their first day of school!