Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First of Many!

Yesterday the girls started school. This was Olivia's first day ever!! She is starting Kindergarten. They were both very excited. We miss them at home, Whitney has asked several times where they are, already. But they both came home happy and tired and full of stories to share. Here are a few snap shots of the day. They aren't in any kind of order, but just enjoy! Getting a picture by the School sign. We are the Hoover Hornets!
Here is the bus they ride home on.
I love that Audrey felt ok about holding Olivia's hand and making sure she made it back to the car. I doubt she'll do this forever, but it was so adorable.


Just a picture of their school.
First big day of Kindergarten.
Our big second grader!
Audrey lining up with her class. The gal in front is her teacher-Mrs. Noll-Schueler.
Mom, Whitney, and Olivia in her line with her class. (I walked her to her line again today and she informed me that she wants to do it all by herself.) I think I just need to do it for myself. Oh and I suprised myself and didn't cry. Yeah for me, but talking to my friend Nicole she mentioned that maybe it's because I still have Whitney. Maybe
Here is Olivia and her teacher, Mrs. Uthe. When Olivia came home yesterday Mrs. Uthe had sent the parents something that was thanking us for sharing our children with her and it was a card that had a tea bag inside for us to have. Olivia thought the tea was for her and she doesn't like tea. So I assured her she didn't have to drink it and that I wasn't going to drink it either we would just save it and put it in her scrapbook. But the card almost made me cry!



Happy first day of Kindergarten!! Olivia with her bookbag and lunch bag.




We are so excited we hardly slept at all last night. The first of many!

5 comments:

becky ward said...

oh, the first day of school is so exciting! they both look adorable! and way to be a brave mom and not shed a tear.

Unknown said...

They are so beautiful! I hope Olivia loves school as much as Alexander does!

Unknown said...

Cute girls, Allie! We miss you guys!

Shawna said...

You do have adorable girls! I am glad to hear they had a great first day. Grace loves it one minute and the next wants to stay home. It should be an interesting year!

Priest Family - Laura said...

aww I love that last picture of them!! Reminds me of Molly and me. I started Kindergarten when Molly was in 2nd grade, and 2 year old Sally would always ask my mom "When will wa-wa- and wa-wa come home??"
You have such adorable kids! :)
Laura