Friday, August 1, 2008

Stay Tuned

I've been thinking that my blog needs a facelift. It has been a while and I'm tired of floral. Plus, the season is changing-I guess not technically till Sept- but it is in my heart already. Today I took the girls school shopping. I have the best girls in the world. Audrey is my rock, she is quiet and observing, she is excited for school and can't wait to show her sis the ropes. The only thing she said she really wanted was a new pair of sissors. Ones that have a soft grip. Her old ones were made of plastic. Olivia begged and begged for a dress today. I told her we should be looking for school clothes and that she already had a lot of dresses. Then she said, "but mom this will be my picture taking dress". Smart kid, had to get the picture taking dress. But I stopped her when she said, she needed picture taking shoes. She's a hoot. And poor Whitney the only thing she got was diapers. She tried to sneak a Scooby Doo lunch bag in at Target. But Mom got sneaky and took it out before we hit the register. Well now I'm off for my sleepover tonight. Since this is the tax holiday in Iowa (no sales tax on clothes) My friend Rachel and I want to shop at places more exciting than Dubuque. Not that DBQ is terrible, we just know that other places are better. So we are headed to IC and some outlet malls in Williamsburg. We taking off tonight, so that we can get a head start. Tut Tut for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you got a ton of shopping done! And sans kids- how awesome is that? I started reading the twilight series yesterday- pretty good so far. I am half way through the first one.
I also tagged you on my blog!
www.wildaboutu.blogpost.com

Luv ya!